Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Ideas for Radford's Dick's Sporting Goods

Open Plan of Dick's Sporting Goods

                So I decided that I wanted to try and follow how other Dick’s Sporting Goods are laid out. I wanted my store to be open and free of clutter. Many Dick’s Sporting Goods you walk into have a lot of items for sale, but keep it clean and up to date. With areas instead of rooms in my design I will eliminate the cluttered feeling of walking into a small, closed off room.
                To start off, I wanted to have the very minimum amount of walls in my design. That would keep the area open and appear larger. With a space that appears bigger, customers will feel as if the store has more to offer and continue to shop at the store. Space has a huge effect on a customer. Imagine walking into a local store that barely has enough room to supply what they have in storage. Not only would some goods go off the shelf quickly, but they might also not restock an adequate amount in order to keep their store full. With an open floor plan, there is plenty of space not only to store merchandise on the floor, but also in closed storage. Overall the business would be able to maintain a better image creating happier customers.
                I also thought about having two different sex bathrooms. However, while drawing out the preliminary floor plan I started to realize that two different bathrooms that both have to be accessible were taking up a lot of room within the floor plan. I changed from two different sex bathrooms to still having two different bathrooms, but made both of them unisex. Now only one of them has to be accessible. That provided me with more room for my store layout and a overall, more open and bigger floor plan.
Gun Selection at Dick's Sporting Goods

No comments:

Post a Comment