Friday, November 30, 2012

Process Work for Radford's Dick's Sporting Goods



I first began with a criteria matrix to gather an idea of exactly what I wanted next to each other and what elements each room need such as a window or plumbing. This gave me the starting block to complete my adjacency diagram, bubble diagram, and blocking diagram which are preliminary steps to my final floor plan.
My adjacency diagram shows what rooms need to be next to each other my showing primary and secondary adjacencies. Primary adjacencies are most important and need to be met when drafting the floor plan. Secondary adjacencies are adjacencies that would be nice to have, but don’t necessarily need to be drafted.

My next steps were to complete a bubble and blocking diagram. The bubble starts with an idea of where the rooms are going within the floor plan. The blocking diagram gets more precise and is closer to getting actual measurements of the room I will later be drafting.
Finally, my floor plan which shows exact measurements and everything that will be in the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment